Connecting with your school through Qustodio gives you full visibility on how your child is using their school devices, expert tips on the latest trends, plus the ability to pause the internet at the touch of a button. You can also extend supervision and protection to your child’s personal devices to ensure continuous safety in and out of the classroom. Read below to see how to get started and, if you have any further questions, please contact our school connect support team.
How do I get started?
You will receive an email from your school inviting you to create your Qustodio account. Click on the Create your account button in that email or head straight to qustodio.com/my-school. From there:
- Enter the email address that your school has on record (this is usually the address that your invitation was sent to). Click Continue.
- Enter your name and create a password.
- A verification code will be sent to your email address. Enter the code on the verification screen and click Verify. If you don’t receive the code, check your spam folder.
- Ensure that the information of your child’s school account is correct and click Connect.
- Use the dropdown to select your child’s birth year and click Continue. This optional step will give you safety insights personalized to your child’s age.
That’s it! You can start exploring your account and supervising your child.
Where can I access Qustodio?
Once you’ve created your account, you can log in from any computer at https://family.qustodio.com/.
Alternatively, you can download the Parents App on your smartphone to supervise on the go. Just head to the App Store or Google Play Store, download the app, and log in.
What kind of activity can I monitor and how?
When you log in to Qustodio, you’ll see the My family screen. There you can view all the children connected with your account. Click on a child to go to their dashboard.
On your child’s dashboard, you can view their:
Total daily usage
This shows you the number of network hits made on their school devices each day.
Most used apps & websites
Here you can see the apps and websites your child has used, shown in order from most used to least used. If you’ve added your child’s birth year, you’ll also see a safety rating for their age.
Most used categories
Here you can see the type of content your child has looked at, shown as a percentage of their usage and in order from most used to least used.
What are expert insights and how can I view them?
Written by leading child safety experts with backgrounds in law enforcement, psychology, and education, insights offer you comprehensive reviews of the apps your child has used. They include descriptions, safety ratings, and any known risks.
To view expert insights, just click on any of the apps that appear in the Most used apps & websites card on the dashboard.
How do I protect my family devices with Qustodio?
- Log in and open the My Family screen.
- Click on Protect a device.
- Select the type of device your child uses and follow the instructions shown on screen.
Read more about installing Qustodio on each device type.
Once you’ve protected a family device, head to the Rules screen. From there you can help your child stay safe and balanced online with features like screen time limits, web filtering, and much more.
How do I customize my activity reports?
By default, you’ll receive a daily activity report straight in your inbox. This contains a summary of your child’s activity. You can switch off these reports or change them to weekly easily:
- Log in and go to your Account.
- Scroll down to Notifications.
- Switch the toggles to the right to activate the emails you want to receive, and switch them to the left to turn them off.