This article tells you how to download and install Qustodio for Windows or Mac. It is easy to setup, and once installed, Qustodio's simple, web-based dashboard gives you the info you need at a glance. You can then set time limits and block questionable sites in order to keep your kids safe.
- Qustodio is compatible with Windows 7 (SP1), 8, 10 and Mac OSX (Mavericks to Catalina). However, it is not compatible with Windows for Phones and Tablets, or Linux.
Please note that Qustodio is not yet fully compatible with macOS Big Sur (11.0): check this article for more details.
- You should install Qustodio on the computer you want to monitor and protect. It is not necessary to install Qustodio on your own computer if your kids don't use it.
- Once Qustodio is installed on a computer, it starts sending information to your Family Portal that you can access at this address: family.qustodio.com. You can control all of Qustodio's settings and rules, and monitor your children's use of their computer in the Portal or from your Parents’ app. Everything is controlled directly there. There is no setting or interface on the computer itself.
- Downloading and installing Qustodio takes about ten minutes. You can then follow the same process to install Qustodio on each computer you want to protect, or install or any other device, making sure to always use your Qustodio account credentials (user name and password).
Before you start
Before installing Qustodio on a computer, it is important to:
- Make sure to install the latest updates of your Operating System and Web Browser. During installation, it's important that the cookies are enabled on your web browser.
- Restart the computer.
- Log into the computer with an administrator account.
- Make sure the device is connected to the Internet.
- If there is any security software installed on the computer (e.g., antivirus, firewall, other parental control), uninstall it. After you finish Qustodio installation and check that everything is working fine, you can then reinstall the antivirus.
Install Qustodio for Windows or Mac
- Go to this page: www.qustodio.com/download. Qustodio will start downloading automatically.
- Once downloaded, double click the Qustodio installer.
- Click Accept and Install. Wait a few minutes while the software downloads and installs.
- Choose the appropriate option, depending on if you already have an account at Qustodio or not. Click Next.
- If you don’t already have an account, enter your name, email address, and password. If you do have an account then simply enter your Qustodio credentials. Click Next.
- Choose a name for the computer that helps you identify the device. Click Next.
- Choose the child profile you wish to be applied on the device. Click Next.
- Please read carefully the instructions in the following tour to configure the device.
- You are done! If you want to add different child profiles for different users on the device, please read this article.
- Note to Mac OSX High Sierra users: after installation, you might have to add permission on the computer's system to Qustodio. If needed, Qustodio will show you this popup message:
- You can also check this option on the System Preferences, then Security & Privacy:
On this screen, where it says "System software from developer Qustodio Technologies SL" was blocked from loading." just press the button "Allow". You will only need to do this once.