Apps usage, device usage, and websites visited.
Apps, device and websites.
Device and apps daily quotas and usage schedule.
Please note, other features might not be available yet.
There are two main stages to fully set up Qustodio for Chromebook:
- Installing the Qustodio Professional App on your child’s Chromebook. This part protects the use of apps on the device.
- Installing the Qustodio Professional Chrome Extension on the Chromebook. This part protects handles all the online web browsing on the device
Please complete the steps in the correct order as shown below to ensure full protection. You will need to have the Chromebook device on hand as you will be installing protection directly on their device.
Setting up protection
- To start, open your Chromebook session and search Qustodio Professional.
- Click Install.
- Open Qustodio App. If you are already a Qustodio user, choose I have an account. Otherwise select I’m new to Qustodio.
- Carefully read the terms and conditions. You must click Accept All to continue.
- Enter your Qustodio email address and password and click Log in.
- Enter a name for the Chromebook device and click Next.
- Select who will use this device. Please note, if several users use this device and have their own user sessions, you will have to repeat the process for each profile/session.
- Next, tap Let's do it! to continue. You will see the permissions Qustodio requires to protect and supervise your child’s device. Follow the instructions on the screen. Please allow all necessary permissions and when prompted to activate accessibility, choose Activate Now
- Once you have granted all permissions, you will have protected the apps on this Chromebook. You’re now ready to protect any browsing activity. Click Go to Chrome Store to continue.
- In the Chrome Store click Add to Chrome and then Add extension.
- Confirm you want to add the extension in the pop up that appears.
- Next, we just have to connect the Qustodio extension to your Qustodio account. To do this, click Connect now.
- Click Open in the pop-up that appears.
Congratulations! This Chromebook is fully protected with Qustodio.
As a final step, we recommend enabling the Qustodio extension in incognito mode.
Unsure what incognito mode is? See Google’s help section for more information.
To allow Qustodio in incognito mode:
- Type chrome://extensions in your browser.
- Find Qustodio and click Details.
- Scroll to find Allow in incognito
- Enable Allow in incognito.
Important: you will need to adjust your child’s Chromebook Power Settings so that reports accurate ScreenTime.
Go to your Chromebook Settings > Device> Power and make sure you select Sleep mode for all options:
This will prevent the screen from turning on accidentally and report time when it shouldn’t.
Please note: if your Chromebook is managed by your child’s school, you might not be able to change your sleep settings. Contact your child’s school for more information.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Support team.