Following the update to EMUI 10, some Huawei devices no longer have access to Google apps and services. Therefore, after this update, these devices are no longer compatible with the version of the Qustodio Kids’ App available in the Google Play Store.
To continue using Qustodio on your child’s Huawei phone, simply install a version of the Qustodio app directly from our website.
To do this, on your child’s Huawei device, open this URL on a browser and follow the instructions: www.qustodio.com/downloads/android-with-calls-and-sms-get
Alternatively, use your child’s device to scan this QR code:
- Make sure you uninstall any previous versions of Qustodio before a new installation.
- In your child’s Huawei phone settings, make sure you allow “Unknown Sources” to install apps from sources other than the Huawei Store.
- This version includes Call & SMS monitoring. Once installed, log in to the Family Portal, click your child’s profile, and choose Rules > Calls and SMS to enable/disable this feature.
- Huawei stock browser is not yet supported by Qustodio and it will be blocked when Qustodio protection is active. We recommend you install a compatible browser like Firefox or Chrome.
- Geolocation features are not yet available for Huawei phones without Google services.
- Qustodio Parents’ App is not yet available for Huawei phones without Google services.
Some Huawei operating system settings may interfere with the Qustodio application.
These options may change depending on the phone model and EMUI version but if you are using Android 6 or above, please follow these steps to adjust battery saving settings on your device:
1. First, disable Qustodio on your device. To do this, open Qustodio and log in.
2. Tap Disable protection and choose Until I turn it on again. Close the app.
3. Next, go to Settings and in the search bar type "Ignore battery optimization". Tap Ignore battery optimization > Allowed and select All apps from the drop-down menu.
4. Search for Qustodio and select Allow.
5. Next, you will need to configure the Phone Manager app. Open Phone Manager, go to Cleanup, and tap the Settings icon on the top right of the screen to disable automatic cleanup.
6. We also recommend blocking the Phone Manager app in Qustodio Rules to prevent this option from being re-enabled.
7. Next, you will need to configure the battery settings on your device (you can check the EMUI version on your device by going to Settings > About phone).
Check out more information here.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Support team at https://www.qustodio.com/help/contact/.