Whether you are using an Android or iOS device, we’ve got you covered. Just follow our 5 simple steps below.
How to set up automatic updates on your child’s Android device:
1. Open the Play Store app on your device.
2. Tap the menu in the search bar (three horizontal lines or ‘hamburger’, as it’s sometimes called).
3. Tap Settings.
4. Tap Auto-update apps. Choose whether you want apps to update over your network (which will use data) or over Wi-Fi (which means apps will only update automatically when your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network).
5. Tap Done.
How to set up automatic updates on your child’s iOS device:
1. Open Settings on your device.
2. Tap the Apple ID icon at the top of the menu.
3. Tap iTunes & App Store.
4. Tap Automatic downloads.
5. Enable Updates. Here you can also decide whether updates will download using mobile data or ask the device to prompt you if a download is greater than 200MB, in which case you might prefer to download over a Wi-Fi network.
It’s as simple as that! Now you can be sure you’re not using an older version and enjoy your apps to the fullest.