This article explains which platforms and operating systems Qustodio is compatible with. We always recommend that you keep the operating system on your devices and your child’s devices up to date. This helps ensure that the Qustodio app works fully and that you enjoy the best experience.
Qustodio on kids' devices
To monitor and protect your children’s activity, you need to download and install the Qustodio Kids App on their devices. Explore the list of supported platforms below:
- iPhones and iPads: iOS 14 or later
- Android devices: Android OS 7 or later. Note that Android Go and forked versions of Android may be subject to compatibility issues. If your child uses a Huawei mobile device without Google Services, follow these steps to install a version of the Qustodio Kids app from Huawei AppGallery.
- Amazon Fire tablets: Fire OS 6.0 or later. Note that Qustodio is only compatible with standard Amazon Fire user profiles, as it needs access to administrator permissions. It cannot work on Amazon’s Child Profiles.
- Windows phones: Qustodio is not compatible with Windows phones
- Windows computers: Windows 10 or later
- Mac computers: macOS Sierra 10.12 to macOS Sonoma
- Linux: Qustodio is not compatible with Linux
To install Qustodio, your child’s computer must also have:
- 1024 MB or more of RAM
- 1.6 GB or more of free hard disk space
- CPU 1.8 GHz or faster
Chromebook: ChromeOS with access to the Google Play Store
Supported web browsers for protected devices
Qustodio can report and block websites accessed on the following browsers:
- Windows computers: Google Chrome, Firefox and Microsoft Edge.
- Mac computers: Google Chrome, Safari and Firefox.
- Android devices: Google Chrome and Firefox.
- Amazon Fire tablets: Amazon Silk Browser.
- iOS devices: Google Chrome and Safari.
- Chromebook devices: Google Chrome
- Qustodio will automatically block unsupported browsers by default.
Qustodio on parents’ devices
Download the Qustodio Parents App on your own device, or log in to Qustodio Web, to check your child’s activity, set rules, and edit your notifications. Explore the list of supported platforms below:
- iPhones and iPads: iOS 12 and later
- Android devices: Android 7 and later
The parents’ online dashboard does not need to be downloaded. It works best on the latest versions of:
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
Some features may not be supported on older versions of these browsers, or on browsers not listed above.
Qustodio Calls & Messages app:
To set up calls & messages monitoring for iOS devices, parents must have access to a Mac or Windows computer and install the Calls & Messages app on it. The app can be installed on:
- Windows computers running Windows 10 or later
- Mac computers running macOS 10.15 Catalina or later