If you experience any issues with Qustodio for Windows or Mac computers, please read the following basic troubleshooting tips.
- A common cause of issues with Qustodio is an interference with security suites (e.g., antivirus, firewall, anti-malware), system optimization softwares, or other parental controls. If you’re using such software, try to temporarily remove it prior to re-downloading and re-installing Qustodio.
- Also, make sure your child hasn’t changed the time zone on the device as this can affect the reporting times and the time schedule feature
- Reinstall Qustodio completely to make sure that you're using the latest version available. For this, follow these steps:
- Make sure that you're using the latest version of the web browser (e.g., Google Chrome) available.
- Restart the computer.
- Log into the computer with an administrator account.
- Make sure the device is connected to the Internet.
- During installation, it's important that the cookies are enabled on your web browser.
- If there is any security software installed on the computer (e.g., antivirus, firewall, IPv6), remove it.
- Download a fresh version of Qustodio from here.
- Follow the installation steps provided.
- Restart the computer.
- To prevent kids from circumventing Qustodio's protection, for example by changing the date and time on the device, we recommend to set Regular User Accounts, as opposed to Administrator Accounts, for the users you want to monitor and protect.
>- Issues with time limits: Note that time for both web navigation and the entire device is counted from midnight to midnight, and not from the moment when you activate the time rules. The user has to >log off the user session or turn off the computer for time to stop counting. A simple lock of the user session will not be considered by Qustodio.
>- Qustodio doesn't report or block websites on Mac: if you're using the latest Mac OSX High Sierra there's an extra step after installing Qustodio imposed by Apple: after installation, you might have to add permission on the computer's system to Qustodio. After installing, please open the System Preferences, go to Security & Privacy:
>On this screen, where it says "System software from developer Qustodio Technologies SL" was blocked from loading." just press the button "Allow". You will only need to do this once.