This article describes our supported features and known issues with Qustodio for iOS. Choose one of the following options to continue:
- What is Qustodio for iPhone and iPad
- How do I install the Qustodio Protection app for kids on an iOS device?
- How do I install the Parental Control App Qustodio for parents?
- What versions of iOS are currently supported?
- What features are currently available with Qustodio for iPhone, iPad and iPod?
- Which applications are supported?
- Can my child still use their device when their time is up?
- How can I temporarily disable protection (disable VPN on-demand)?
- Why is there a VPN symbol at the top of my screen?
- I'm seeing a foreign version of applications like Netflix
- Qustodio for iOS will not connect to certain Wifi networks
- I'm seeing activity I know my child didn't generate in the Activity Timeline
- How to uninstall Qustodio for iOS
What is Qustodio Parental Control for iPhone and iPad
Qustodio has two different apps for iOS: the one you install on your child’s device and another one that you install on your own device to access your dashboard.
The Kids Kids App Qustodio offers some exciting features:
- It monitors web activities done on Safari and Google Chrome! Qustodio filters your child's web browsing as well as reports web searches and activity without the need for a safe browser.
- It controls internet access. Easy to use time controls mean that when it's bedtime, the internet connection is turned off.
- It also controls time spent on the device by locking access to all apps with an age rating of 4+ when time is up.
- It manages iOS apps. You get to control and report activity for several apps. You can read more about this here.
- You can see what videos your child watches on YouTube.com. For more information, please read What is YouTube Monitoring and what does it do
The Parental Control App Qustodio for parents has the following characteristics:
- It has the same features as your Family Portal but it’s much more mobile-friendly: time limits, extended reporting, activity timeline, etc
- You can monitor the device location that will be available on your Family Portal.
- It allows you to use the Family Locator and Your Places features to use geofencing technology to create a virtual fence.
How do I install the Kids App Qustodio on an iOS device?
Please refer to this article to find instructions on how to install the Qustodio Protection app onto your child’s iOS device.
How do I install Parental Control App Qustodio for parents?
Please refer to this article to find instructions to install the Parental Control App Qustodio for parents.
What versions of iOS are currently supported?
Qustodio is compatible with iOS 12 or higher. For an optimal experience, we recommend using iOS 14.
What features are available with Qustodio for iOS?
- Time Scheduling: You can use a calendar to set time limits for your child's web browsing in Rules > Restricted times inside your Family Portal. Highlight in red the time periods you wish to restrict and then, you can choose what happens when the time limits are up by clicking on the settings icon.
- Time Quotas: You can set a time quota for your child's web browsing in Rules > Daily Time Limits inside your Family Portal. You can choose to only Lock Navigation or Lock Device.
- Web Filtering in Safari and Google Chrome: You can filter websites visited in Safari and Google Chrome by category or set specific websites to be blocked or receive alerts when visited. You can do this in Rules > Web Filtering in the Family Portal. You'll be able to view all web activity in the Activity Timeline tab of your Family Portal.
- Application rules: With Qustodio for iOS, you can monitor, block and set a time limit for several applications. You can read more about this here.
- Geolocation: Qustodio allows you to monitor the location of the device. You can enable it in Rules > Location.
- YouTube Monitoring: you can see what videos your child watches on YouTube.com. Learn more about What is YouTube Monitoring and what does it do
Which iOS applications does Qustodio report?
Qustodio can currently detect usage of more than 6,000 apps and new apps are constantly added to our database. You can read more about this here.
The apps are added to our database based on popularity: we ensure that the most used apps can be monitored by Qustodio. You can contact our Support Team if there’s any specific app you believe Qustodio should be able to monitor.
Can my child still use their device when their time is up?
When you choose to block the device, Qustodio will block all of the navigation on the device and also prevent access to any of the apps that are rated 4+ by the AppStore.
How can I temporarily disable Qustodio?
To disable protection temporarily, visit your Family Portal / Parent´s Application > Your Devices > Select your child's iOS device -> Enable Qustodio VPN
There you will be able to disable the Qustodio VPN on the device.
Why is there a VPN symbol at the top of my screen?
Qustodio for iOS helps you monitor your child’s device using a Virtual Private Network (VPN). This is the technology behind Qustodio. It sends your child’s network traffic through Qustodio servers where monitoring and rules can be enforced.
I'm seeing a foreign version of applications like Netflix
Qustodio’s monitoring service uses servers located mainly in the US or UK. This means that while the Qustodio VPN is active some of the content you watch will be shown in the US or UK version rather than the country where you live. We will be adding servers in additional countries as demand grows. If this causes a problem for you, you may consider temporarily disabling the VPN connection while you access the content that is unavailable.
Qustodio for iOS will not connect to certain internet networks
Some networks do not allow Qustodio’s VPN connection, and will block all access to the internet through the VPN. If you must connect to these Wifi networks you can temporarily disable protection while doing so.
Some Internet routers may have a firewall blocking Qustodio. If that's the case, the only way to unblock the internet would be opening the 500 and 4500 UDP ports on the router's firewall, used by Qustodio's VPN.
I'm seeing activity I know my child didn’t generate in the Activity Timeline
Qustodio for iOS analyses internet traffic to determine which apps are being used on the device. Sometimes Qustodio detects that the child entered sites or applications like Facebook or Twitter, when actually the child was using an app or browsing a website with some external ad or element on it (a “Like” button or an ad, for example). This also could be generated by a common server request from an app, even when the device is not being used.
We're continuously working on cleaning and filtering the data from this feed to make it more accurate and reliable.
How to uninstall Qustodio for iOS
Please refer to this article to find instructions on how to uninstall the new Qustodio app for iOS.