Qustodio provides several different settings to setup protection on Android devices. To view these settings and modify them, visit your Family Portal or Parents’ App > Your Devices > Select your Android device. You can choose to access the device name & users window, or the android device settings window.
Device name & users
In the device name & users screen, you can:
- Modify the name of the device, by simply typing in the name you want to use.
- Select which child to protect on the device, by simply selecting the corresponding user in the dropdown next to the device name. Note that Qustodio does not offer multiuser support on Android devices, but depending on the device, it might be possible to install a new copy of Qustodio for each user on the device.
Android device settings
In the Android device settings screen, you can:
- Protect Android settings. This option is turned off by default but it is highly recommended to activate it to increase protection on Android devices. Once turned on, this option prevents the device user from accessing the general settings of the device without Qustodio's password, and from changing key settings that could disable Qustodio's protection, such as changing the date and time on the device.
- Protect the Qustodio app. This option is turned on by default and prevents the device user from accessing the settings of Qustodio on the device without Qustodio's password.
- Block Incognito Browsing. This option blocks incognito browsing on the device. To learn more incognito mode and what Qustodio can do to prevent users from accessing unsafe websites in Incognito, please read this article.