Tip: We recommend that you discuss with your child why you are placing a time limit on his or her device.
To configure time limits on the devices used by your children follow these simple steps:
1. Open your Parents' App or log in to your Qustodio account to enter your Parent Dashboard
2. From the Your Family page, select the child’s profile that you wish to set a time limit for.
3. Click on Rules section and choose Daily Time Limits.
4. From here you will be able to set time limits for each day, using the wheel.
5. To restrict access in specific time periods click on Restricted times from the menu on the left-hand side.
6. Highlight in red the time periods you wish to restrict.
7. Then, you can choose what happens when the time limits are up.
8. From here you choose between three options: lock navigation, lock device and receive alert. Toggle the buttons to select which option(s) you want.
Lock Navigation - Blocks internet access on all browsers. On Android devices, all apps except some basic apps (calendar, calculator, etc) will be blocked.
Lock Device - Prevents both online and offline device use
Alert Me - Sends you an alert when your child reaches his or her limit
What is Pause the Internet?
Pause Internet allows you to block the internet overriding your scheduled time limit rules.
To pause the internet on all your kids’ devices:
1. Log in to Qustodio and select your child.
2. On the What’s happening now card, select Quick actions.
3. Choose Pause the internet.
4. Enter the amount of time you’d like to pause the internet for and click Confirm.
Once you’ve paused the internet, you can click on Quick actions again to edit how long it lasts, or unpause it immediately.
Note that pause always overrides your scheduled time limit rules. If your child’s devices are already locked due to reaching their daily time limit or a restricted time, then you won’t see the option to pause.
Please note that time limits are a bit different on iOS devices, you can learn more about this here.